Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Off and Running

Hey Everyone,

Wow I apologize for how long that it has been since my last post, but my first few weeks of this second semester has had me a little busy.

Never the less, the second semester is underway! This semester is pretty much the same the last, a continuation of general ed classes! However this semester I am taking boxing as my PE class which has been a lot of fun so far! Although, it was a rough start in that class! The second class I forgot one of my hand wraps and had to run back to my room (which is on the opposite-side of campus) and get it and was late to class....boxing is probably one of the worst classes to be late in, I will leave it at that. Push-ups were definitely involved. On top of all that the very next class I forgot to put socks in my gym bag and there was no way around this one. So, I am formally known as "socks" to my instructor in boxing. YIKES...

Its not all bad back here at the point! I had a great experience during Reorganization when I first got back to school! Long story short I had a connection to the Commandants son (who is the general in charge of cadets) and he invited me over to the house one morning. His name is Ted and we had a nice time talking. He goes to SDSU with my cousin. Before I left he asked if I wanted to go to the hockey game later that night, and I told him I had to get back to him on that because I had some meetings to go to. It turns out that my meetings ended in time for me to go to the game with him, so I called him up. He told me to meet up at his house so I made my way over that way. I knocked on the door and much to my surprise, his father General Martin answered the door. I was extremely surprised that his dad was even home and immediately snapped to attention for a salute. He had that, "Can I help you" look on his face.....and thankfully Ted came running to the door and told his dad he was taking me to the game.

The game was great (my first Army Hockey game) and then after General Martin asked me what time taps was. I responded with 1 AM, and he then said, "Well would you like to come back to the house we can pop some popcorn and get a pizza going and watch a movie or something?"

I stood there for a second in disbelief that this was happening and promptly answered, "Yes sir!"

There I was hanging out with the Com and his son. Not an every day experience for a cadet!! It was awesome! I have been riding that "high" for quite some time now!

That's about it for now. Hope all is well with everyone! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment